Preparing the Next Generation of Leaders in Gerontological Nursing.
Over the past decade, GAPNA’s influence has increased on endorsing standard of care practices and health care policy that improves healthcare for older adults.
The work of GAPNA has been sustained, in large part, through members who have assumed leadership roles and opportunities within the organization. GAPNA’s growth and influence will continue to grow, as more clinicians are caring for the nation’s rapidly-expanding older adult population. It is critically important to identify and support members who are interested in developing, reinforcing, and broadening leadership skills to better prepare them for leadership roles within the organization.
The GAPNA Leadership Institute is a 1-year-long leadership program that includes both online synchronous and face-to-face components. An experienced and nationally recognized nurse leader facilitates the curriculum. All fellows will work one-on-one with mentors, all of whom have held leadership positions within GAPNA.
Benefits of the Leadership Institute:
- Develop meaningful peer relationships among other fellows.
- Receive individualized mentorship for all fellows to establish personal leadership development plan.
- Increase the capacity for leadership at GAPNA and in the workplace.
- Explore professional organizational operations.
All fellows of the Leadership Institute must commit to:
- Attend the GAPNA annual and pharmacological conferences during participation year.
- Participate in all online synchronous online conferences.
- Develop a GAPNA leadership project.
Eligibility / Selection:
All applicants must be GAPNA members for at least 2 years in good standing. Engagement within the organization is highly recommended.
Are you interested in joining the GAPNA Leadership Institute?
Applications are open - Apply by June 15, 2021.