When appropriate, GAPNA will assert its policy and/or position on key conditions or situations affecting gerontological nursing practice. It is our professional responsibility to represent the needs and concerns of our community, our patients, and all those whose lives are affected by them.
Besides the position statements below, we also engage directly and with partner organizations on legislative issues.
GAPNA POSITION STATEMENTS
- Eliminating Practice Barriers of the Gerontological APRN in the Long-Term Care Setting
- Addressing Nursing Home Safety during the COVID-19 Pandemic and Beyond
- Clinical Practice of Gerontological Nurse Practitioners
- GAPNA Consensus Statement on Proficiencies for the APRN Gerontological Specialist
- GAPNA Geropsychiatric Nursing Position Statement
- GAPNA Policy Priorities
- Joint Summary Statement - Diagnosing Schizophrenia in Skilled Nursing Centers
- Neurological Behavior: An Educational Update
- Nurse Practitioner DNP Education, Certification and Titling: A Unified Statement
- Primary care in long-term care sites: Long-term care sites as appropriate clinical placements for primary care nurse practitioner students
- Resolution on Advanced Practice Gerontological Nurse Interactions with Industry Representatives