Older adults benefit when we -
- Collaborate with them, their families, our professional colleagues, and other decision makers to influence their well-being.
- Foster a community of expert providers.
- Create, apply and communicate knowledge specific to gerontological care.
- Facilitate holistic continuity of care.
- Consistently perform to the fullest scope of our education.
- Take responsibility for both our personal health and our professional growth.
- Embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
Strategic Goals and Priorities
To delight our members by supporting their personal and professional growth, we shall -
- create and provide continuing education.
- encourage deeper member engagement.
- present dynamic, relevant conferences, Comm/SIGs, online and other educational experiences.
- provide networking opportunities for kindred spirits.
- offer quality, easily-accessible, evidence-based, relevant resources.
To increase the influence of APRNs caring for older adults, we shall -
- conduct, support, research, and disseminate best practices for the care of older adults.
- collaborate with others to influence decisions that affect the quality of care of older adults.
- advocate for all APRNs to perform at the full scope of their practice.
- increase membership and member retention.
To model organizational vibrancy, we shall -
- provide the GAPNA Website: assure an attractive, user friendly, relevant, information-rich, ever-changing web portal/online presence.
- grow membership and alliances that support our vision and mission and are financially sustainable.
- model policy-driven governance and collaborative management.
- identify and develop future leaders.
- Continuing education.
- Member engagement.
- Strategic collaboration that advances full practice authority.
- Improved online presence.
- Increase diversity/inclusiveness.