Mission: We promote excellence in advanced practice nursing for the well-being of older adults.
Vision: GAPNA - trusted leaders for the expert care of older adults.
Older adults benefit when we:
- Collaborate with them, their families, our professional colleagues, and other decision makers to influence their well-being.
- Foster a community of expert providers.
- Create, apply and communicate knowledge specific to gerontological care.
- Facilitate holistic continuity of care.
- Consistently perform to the fullest scope of our education.
- Take responsibility for both our personal health and our professional growth.
- Embrace diversity and inclusiveness.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement.
Strategic Goals and Priorities:
1. To delight our members by supporting their personal and professional growth
- continuing education
- deeper member engagement
- present dynamic, relevant conferences, Comm/SIGs, online and other educational experiences
- provide networking opportunities for kindred spirits
- offer quality, easily-accessible, evidence-based, relevant resources
2. To increase the influence of APRNs caring for older adults
- conduct, support, research, and disseminate best practices for the care of older adults
- collaborate with others to influence decisions that affect the quality of care of older adults
- advocate for all APRNs to perform at the full scope of their practice
- increase membership and member retention
3. To model organizational vibrancy
- the GAPNA Website: assure an attractive, user friendly, relevant, information-rich, ever-changing web portal/online presence
- grow membership and alliances that support our vision and mission and are financially sustainable
- model policy-driven governance and collaborative management
- identify and develop future leaders
- Continuing education
- Member engagement
- Strategic collaboration that advances full practice authority
- Improved online presence
- Increase diversity/inclusiveness