As a member of GAPNA, you join a robust community of healthcare professionals focused on the care of older adults. That community provides invaluable educational resources, current information affecting the care of older adults, opportunities to network in person or online during events and via email and online forums in the GAPNA Exchange, and so much more.
Benefits of Membership
- A printed subscription to the official Journal of GAPNA, Geriatric Nursing.
- Quarterly issues of the online GAPNA Newsletter.
- Access to the GAPNA Exchange, an online community for members to share ideas, ask questions, lend expertise, and network with peers.
- Regular subscription to GAPNA e-Alert noting relevant legislative news, Chapter events, timely topics of interest.
- GNCC discount on your Gerontological Specialist-Certification and renewal fee. Member discounts for GS-C Study Materials on the GAPNA Website.
- American Nursing Credentialing Center (ANCC) Certification and Recertification Discounts.
- Discounted registration fee to GAPNA's two annual conferences, the fall Annual Conference and the spring Contemporary Pharmacology and Prescribing in Older Adults Conference.
- Free and discounted CNE credits and educational sessions via our Online Library.
- A $10 discount on AANP membership.
- Discounts on many AGS publications.
- GAPNA members receive a discounted membership rate for AMDA - renew for just $175 per year using a code for GAPNA members only. Log in to your member account to view the code (offer expires 12/31/20).
APRN in gerontology
not APRN, interest in GAPNA
Membership dues are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution. They may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. Consult your tax advisor for information.
When choosing to change status to that of a retired member, you MUST contact the National Office. You may then renew your membership yearly online.