The Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) is the premier professional organization that represents the interests of advanced practice nurses, other clinicians, educators, and researchers involved in the practice or advancement of caring for older adults.
Our members are active in academia, research, and a variety of settings across the health care continuum - including primary care, acute care, post-acute care, home care, and long-term care.
Across this broad spectrum, GAPNA provides opportunities for education, leadership, research, advocacy, networking, and the advancement of evidence-based care.
The goals of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association are as follows:
- Advocate quality care for older adults.
- Promote professional development.
- Provide continuing gerontological education.
- Enhance communication and professional collaboration among healthcare providers.
- Educate consumers regarding issues of aging.
Promoting excellence in advanced practice nursing for the well-being of older adults.
To continue to be the trusted leaders for the expert care of older adults.