GAPNA is seeking content reviewers for its upcoming publication: A Practical Guide for the Gerontological Specialist.
This new resource will present pertinent and updated information for individuals preparing for the GS-C exam and advanced practice nurses working in or transitioning to geriatrics. Content areas are listed below.
The Guide will also support the APRN Gerontological Specialist Certification Review Course.
- Member of GAPNA and Gerontological Specialist Certified (GS-C) (preferred).
- Practicing in any area of gerontology at any level for at least 5 years.
- Publishing experience.
- Editing experience (preferred).
- Manuscript review experience (preferred).
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following content areas: comprehensive geriatric assessments; common chronic conditions in older adults; common acute conditions in older adults; high-risk medications and polypharmacy; geropsychiatric considerations; geriatric syndromes; palliative, hospice, end-of-life supportive care; transitions of care; and systems-based approaches to optimizing health outcomes.
- Assist in the impartial “blind review” of manuscripts as assigned by the Editor.
- Application of the reviewer’s expertise in evaluating the clinical content of manuscripts.
- Provide the Editor with recommendations for manuscript revision.
- Timely response to review deadlines.
If you are interested in sharing your expertise in shaping this new publication, please forward your CV and cover letter stating your knowledge and experience in any of the content areas listed above by June 15, 2021 to Erin Macartney firstname.lastname@example.org.