The public policy positions and statements below are the primary vehicles through which the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association (GAPNA) policy views are articulated.
GAPNA APRN Consensus Statement on Proficiencies for the APRN Gerontological Specialist
In 2015, the GAPNA APRN Consensus Statement on Proficiencies for the APRN Gerontological Specialist was published. The following articles contain clinical cases which highlight GAPNA’s 12 Proficiency Statements that we believe, as an organization, represents the specialty of advanced practice gerontological nursing.
View the articles. NOTE: The articles may be viewed by GAPNA members only, and require member to be logged in.
Additional Policy and Position Statements
- Clinical Practice of GNPs
- GAPNA Consensus Statement on Proficiencies for the APRN Gerontological Specialist
- Joint Summary Statement - Diagnosing Schizophrenia in Skilled Nursing Centers
- Nurse Practitioner DNP Education, Certification and Titling: A Unified Statement
- Policy and Position Statements
- Resolution on Advanced Practice Gerontological Nurse Interactions with Industry Representatives