Purpose: Collaborates and facilitates dissemination of mental health aspects of older adults to GAPNA members. The SIG also undertakes any additional tasks assigned by the GAPNA Executive Board as appropriate.
Goals: Submit an abstract to the 2023 GAPNA Annual Conference; publish an article on PTSD in older adults.
Progress and Achievements: 2021-2022:
- Published two articles:
- Culturally Informed Mental Health Care of Marginalized Older Adults
- Basic Considerations for Understanding and Treating Delirium Psychosis in Older Adults
- Created the videos on NPS in Dementia and submitted for innovative project award
- Two members ran for board positions
- Two members accepted for podium presentation at 2022 GAPNA Annual Conference
- Session: Social Isolation in Older Adults
- Podcast released on trauma-informed care
Educational Sessions and Information:
GAPNA members receive the Geriatric Nursing journal, GAPNA Newsletter, and have access to the GAPNA Exchange.
Collaboration with Other Organizations: within GAPNA when appropriate.
Meeting Information: Bi-monthly Zoom call announced on the GAPNA Exchange.
Additional Ways to Contribute: Participate in GAPNA podcast when appropriate. Submit clinical pearls to journal.