About the Foundation
The National Conference of Gerontological Nurse Practitioners Foundation (NCGNPF) was created for the purpose of supporting NCGNP members in education, research, and practice.
In 2008 the NCGNPF name was changed to the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association Foundation (GAPNAF).
The mission of the Gerontological Advanced Practice Nurses Association Foundation, Inc. (GAPNAF) is twofold:
- to provide financial grants to support scholarly research and projects related to gerontological nursing, and
- to provide educational opportunities for registered nurses and advanced practice nurses working with older adults.
The goals of the GAPNAF are to promote leadership and scholarship in advanced nursing practice, education, and research to enhance the health care for older adults through:
- Resource development: Develop revenue streams to sustain scholarly activities;
- Scholarly activities: Provide financial support for research and educational opportunities; and,
- Administrative activities: Enhance the organizational structure and function of the Foundation.
Founding Contributors to the GAPNA Foundation are:
|Chicagoland Chapter of GAPNA
Ohio Chapter of GAPNA
Great Lakes Chapter of GAPNA
Gulf Coast Chapter of GAPNA
Lynn Chilton, DSN, GNP