The GAPNA Innovative Project Award is given to a Committee or Special Interest Group (SIG) that exemplifies GAPNA’s mission to enhance and promote the care of older adults. The Committee or SIG should demonstrate, through use of gerontological nursing principles, outstanding innovative projects or initiatives to benefit GAPNA membership, gerontological advanced practice nursing, and/or care of older adults.
Important notes about this award:
- This award honors a project or initiative led by a SIG or Committee.
- Examples of projects or initiatives include position papers, completed new toolkits, or development of new clinical resources.
- It is submitted by a SIG or Committee as a group, not an individual.
- The award is intended to honor completed projects. If your project is in the design phase, the group should wait until the project is completed before applying.
Award criteria include:
- The Committee or SIG describes completion of a project, including purpose, implementation process, and outcomes.
- Project outcomes are aligned with the Committee or SIG’s commitment to the care of older adults and/or the GAPNA membership and gerontological nursing community.
- The project incorporates principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- The project has the potential to transform advanced practice nursing, the care of older adults, policies, and/or other outcomes.
Applications are accepted March 1 through June 1 every year.