Benefits of Membership
- A subscription to the official Journal of GAPNA, Geriatric Nursing, which is printed every other month.
- Quarterly issues of the online GAPNA Newsletter.
- GAPNA Exchange is a private, secure community for members to share ideas, ask questions, lend expertise, and network with peers. The community features both an Open Forum discussion area along with smaller, segmented communities.
- GNCC discount on your certification fee and on the renewal process.
- ANCC discount of up to 20% on the Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner (AGACNP-BC) and Adult-Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (AGPCNP-BC) certifications: Save $55 on initial test and $80 on renewal.
- Access to clinically relevant information found on the “members only” section of the GAPNA Website.
- Bi-monthly issues of our e-Alert noting relevant legislative news, Chapter events, timely topics of interest.
- Discounted registration fee to our Annual Conference (held every year in September).
- Discounted fee for CNE credits and educational sessions via our Online Library.
- A $10 discount on AANP membership.
- Discounts on many AGS publications.
- *GAPNA members receive a discounted membership rate for AMDA - renew for just $175 per year using a code for GAPNA members only. If you are not already, you will be prompted to log in to your member account to view the code. (offer expires 12/31/20).
- An opportunity to actively participate in setting health policy issues.
- An opportunity to read/blog with your peers via Facebook.
- Being part of an elite group of advanced practice nurses who advance the practice of gerontological nursing, and the well-being of the public through advocacy, dissemination of knowledge, and provision of member growth opportunities.
For the 2019 year, GAPNA will offer a 10% discount on your Regular Membership fees for Active or Reserve military personnel. Before joining GAPNA or renewing your membership online, send a copy of your Military ID to email@example.com and receive an email including your personal discount code. Once you receive your confirmation email, apply your personal code to your online cart. If mailing a paper application or renewal form, please submit a photocopy of your military ID attached to your paper form.
|Membership dues are not tax deductible as a charitable contribution. They may be deductible as an ordinary and necessary business expense. Consult your tax advisor for information.|
(advanced practice nurse)
(interest in GAPNA)
(advanced practice nurse)
|Read the descriptions of membership categories.|
If changing status to that of a retired member, you MUST contact the National Office. You may then renew your membership yearly online.