H.R. 8812 Improving Care and Access to Nurses (ICAN) Act Introduced September 13, 2022
This legislation promotes patient access to health care services delivered by the provider of their choice by removing outdated Medicare and Medicaid barriers on advanced practice registered nurses (APRN).
☑️ Tips for Reaching out to your legislators:
- 1. Identify representative – refer to Congress.gov and enter your zip code.
- 2. Outreach and provide a real example of how Medicare/Medicaid outdated barriers are impacting your patients (i.e. nursing home admission and regulatory visits and/or hospice certifications).
- - Email: leverage AANP’s Voter Voice site or send a personal message.
- - Call: request your Representative to cosponsor H.R. 8812.
- - Schedule a Meeting: meet face to face with your Representative or legislative aide.
- 3. Refer to the toolkit created by members of the Health Affairs Committee.
☑️ Send a letter to your representative NOW.
☑️ Refer to Congress.gov for regular bill updates.
☑️ Members can join in the Discussion on GAPNA Exchange
GAPNA MEMBERS (Log in required to view)
As a GAPNA member we invite you to read the full position statement approved by the GAPNA Board of Directors in September 2022.
This public comment period will be open from September 27– October 11, 2022
After this period closes, the GAPNA Board will review all comments to ensure this public statement reflects all members’ voices and informs how decisions will be made.
Please take a moment to review and share your thoughts and ideas to best serve the organization.
News Post Date