- American Academy of Home Care Medicine - An organization whose mission is to promote the art, science, and practice of medicine in the home.
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine - The Academy is the professional organization for physicians specializing in hospice and palliative medicine.
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners - The largest full-service national professional membership organization for NPs of all specialties.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing - Site contains Nurse Practitioner and Clinical Nurse Specialist Competencies for Older Adult Care - a document intended to assist nurse educators in integrating geriatric nursing content into the curricula that prepare NPs and CNSs who provide care to older adults but are not specialists in gerontology.
- American Geriatrics Society - A not-for-profit organization of over 6,000 health professionals devoted to improving the health, independence and quality of life of all older people.
- American Health Quality Association - An educational, not-for-profit national membership association dedicated to promoting and facilitating fundamental change that improves the quality of health care in America.
- AMDA – The Society for Post-Acute and Long-Term Care Medicine - The professional association of medical directors, attending physicians, and others practicing in the long term care continuum.
- American Nursing Credentialing Center - The ANCC credentials both organizations and individuals who advance nursing. Whether you want to boost your career prospects or achieve international recognition for your health care organization, do not settle for less than the recognized authority in nursing credentialing.
- American Nurses Association - The only full-service professional organization representing the interests of the nation's 3.1 million registered nurses through its constituent and state nurses associations and its organizational affiliates.
- American Pain Society - A multidisciplinary community that brings together a diverse group of scientists, clinicians and other professionals to increase the knowledge of pain and transform public policy and clinical practice to reduce pain-related suffering.
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association - The largest professional membership organization committed to the specialty practice of psychiatric-mental health (PMH) nursing and wellness promotion, prevention of mental health problems, and the care and treatment of persons with psychiatric disorders.
- American Society of Consulting Pharmacists - The only international professional society devoted to optimal medication management and improved health outcomes for all older persons.
- American Society on Aging - An association of diverse individuals bound by a common goal: to support the commitment and enhance the knowledge and skills of those who seek to improve the quality of life of older adults and their families.
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses - A nonprofit membership organization that promotes the health of women and newborns.
- Choices in Recovery - Support and information for schizophrenia, schizoaffective and bipolar disorder.
- Hartford Foundation Institute for Geriatric Nursing and Joint Commission- The mission of the John A. Hartford Foundation is to improve the health of older adults in the United States.
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA) - The nation's largest and oldest professional nursing organization dedicated to promoting excellence in palliative nursing care.
- The John A. Hartford Foundation Institute for Geriatric Nursing - The geriatric arm of the NYU College of Nursing, and has become, over the years, a beacon for all those who wish to advance geriatrics in nursing.
- The John A. Hartford Foundation Institute for Geriatric Nursing, Nurses Improving Care for Health System Elders (NICHE) Program - NICHE is the leading nurse driven program designed to help hospitals and healthcare organizations improve the care of older adults.
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations - An independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies more than 20,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
- Kennedy Institute of Ethics - One of the world's premier bioethics institutes.
- Leadership Council of Aging Organizations - A large coalition of the nation’s non-profit organizations serving older Americans.
- Medicare Learning Network - This dedicated web page is for Medicare fee-for-service (FFS) advanced practice nurses and physician assistants who provide services to Medicare beneficiaries. From this web page, you will be able to access and peruse the Medicare FFS program topics in order to keep abreast of policy and operational updates specific to Advanced Practice Nurses and Physician Assistants.
- National Association of Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care - The leading advocate and educational organization for DONs, ADONs and RNs in Long Term Care (LTC).
- National Committee for Quality Assurance - A private, not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing - A not-for-profit organization whose purpose is to provide an organization through which boards of nursing act and counsel together on matters of common interest and concern affecting the public health, safety and welfare, including the development of licensing examinations in nursing.
- The National Council on the Aging - The nation’s leading nonprofit service and advocacy organization representing older adults and the community organizations that serve them.
- National Gerontological Nursing Association - Dedicated to the clinical care of older adults across diverse care settings.
- National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties - The only organization specifically devoted to promoting quality nurse practitioner education at the national and international levels.
- Nurses Service Organization - The nation's largest provider of nurse’s professional liability insurance coverage.
- Services & Advocacy for LGBT Elders (SAGE) - SAGE is the country's largest and oldest organization dedicated to improving the lives of lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) older adults.
Join us at the 2019 GAPNA Pharmacology Conference:
Contemporary Pharmacology and Prescribing in Older Adults
March 28-30, 2019, Chicago Hilton, Chicago, IL.
Earn up to 11.5 CNE hours.