Approaches to Successful Aging in Community from 25 Countries
Grantmakers in Aging (GIA) has published a funding guide, “Innovation@Home: Approaches to Successful Aging in Community from 25 Countries.”
The guide identifies successful innovations supporting aging in community in 25 countries. In doing so, GIA hopes to provide inspiration for interested communities, funders, and others to explore similar solutions. The guide is part of GIA’s Innovation@Home initiative, supported by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation.
Many different models, pilots, and grassroots efforts are sometimes short-handed as “age-friendly housing.” Approaches from around the world are explored around six themes
- The many ways of sharing housing.
- Approaches for retrofitting existing homes.
- Approaches to building new structures.
- Policies and practices for supporting people so they can live at home.
- Monitoring and other technology-based approaches.
- Incentivizing positive behaviors through zoning, policy, and funding.
Join your friends at the 2019 GAPNA Annual Conference, October 3-5, 2019, in Las Vegas, NV.