2016 Annual Conference: Focused Education, Lasting Connections, and a Beautiful Landscape
The 2016 GAPNA Annual Conference will feature a wide variety of educational topics specifically designed for advanced practice gerontological nurses. Join your colleagues September 21-24 at the picturesque Arizona Grand Resort in Phoenix for this dynamic, engaging, and fun conference and earn up to 25.6 contact hours.
Educational highlights include:
- Pre-Conference Workshops on geropsychiatric nursing, end-of-life nursing education, pharmacology, and opioid prescribing.
- Keynote session: “The Art of Virtue-Based Transformative Leadership.”
- General Sessions on antimicrobials, health affairs, music and memory, palliative care, hypertension, and billing.
- Concurrent Sessions focusing on advanced assessment, opioids, interprofessional education, abstract writing, anxiety, nephrology/CKD, antimicrobials, wound care, pre-travel health, telehealth, delirium, end-of-life, dermatology emergencies, and sequelae of long-term cancer treatment.
- In-Depth Focus Sessions targeting research and clinical project presentations, manuscript development, and diabetes management.
- Industry-Supported Presentation Theaters including breakfast, lunch, or light refreshments.
- Pharmacology credit for designated sessions.
- Exhibits and poster viewing.
- Networking with other attendees focused on gerontological concerns for their patients and interacting with leading experts and industry representatives.
View the GAPNA registration brochure for details on these comprehensive education sessions and other educational opportunities at the conference – and register today!