The GAPNA Foundation is pleased to announce that our 2019 grants are open for applications.
Here are the grants we currently have available:
- GAPNAF/Center for Clinician Advancement: UnitedHealth Group Grant ($5,000): Research/Project Focus
- Clinician competence in an evolving interprofessional environment (ex. Team-based care, transitional care)
- Clinical practice impacting informed and engaged consumer-focused healthcare (ex. advanced care planning, self-care management)
- Interprofessional collaboration
- GAPNAF Research Award ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Project Grant ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Virginia Lee Cora Research/Project Grant ($2,000): Focus must be on APRNs practicing with older adults and their families (can be non-traditional families).
You may apply for these grants on the GAPNA Website. Applications are due by May 15, 2019, and the winners will be announced at the Awards Luncheon at the GAPNA Annual Conference in Las Vegas.
- Applicants must be current GAPNA member. If you are not a current member, you may include a GAPNA membership application and fee with the grant application. Find out about the benefits of being a GAPNA member!
- Members may apply for more than one grant.
- Each award is limited to one per person per year.
- Each grant is time limited and must be used during the 12 months following award.
- Grant funds must be used strictly for expenses related to the proposed research. No indirect expenses will be covered.
Proposal Requirements: The proposal must be relevant to the nursing care of older adults.
- Evidenced based: examines and/or provides support for decision making in clinical practice.
- Outcomes based: designed to measure and improve health outcomes for older adults.
Review Criteria: The reviewers will evaluate the application using the following criteria:
- Overall impact
The GAPNA Foundation is looking forward to competitive applications for the grants. Please spread the word or start on your application now!
Jennifer Serafin, GNP
Chair, GAPNA Foundation