The GAPNA Foundation is pleased to announce that our 2019 grants are open for applications.
Here are the grants we currently have available:
- GAPNAF/Center for Clinician Advancement: UnitedHealth Group Grant ($5,000): Research/Project Focus
- Clinician competence in an evolving interprofessional environment (ex. Team-based care, transitional care)
- Clinical practice impacting informed and engaged consumer-focused healthcare (ex. advanced care planning, self-care management)
- Interprofessional collaboration
- GAPNAF Research Award ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Project Grant ($2,000)
- GAPNAF Virginia Lee Cora Research/Project Grant ($2,000): Focus must be on APRNs practicing with older adults and their families (can be non-traditional families).
- Applicants must be current GAPNA member. If you are not a current member, you may include a GAPNA membership application and fee with the grant application. Find out about the benefits of being a GAPNA member!
- Members may apply for more than one grant.
- Each award is limited to one per person per year.
- Each grant is time limited and must be used during the 12 months following award.
- Grant funds must be used strictly for expenses related to the proposed research. No indirect expenses will be covered.
Proposal Requirements: The proposal must be relevant to the nursing care of older adults.
- Evidenced based: examines and/or provides support for decision making in clinical practice.
- Outcomes based: designed to measure and improve health outcomes for older adults.
Review Criteria: The reviewers will evaluate the application using the following criteria:
- Overall impact
The GAPNA Foundation is looking forward to competitive applications for the grants. Please spread the word or start on your application now!
Jennifer Serafin, GNP
Chair, GAPNA Foundation